The OR Supply Chain Technician is responsible for all inventory management in the operating rooms which involves all “special order” supplies, consignment supplies, and Pyxis management. The overall responsibility is to provide an optimal level of service to the operating room staff and surgeons along with the knowledge to keep supply expenses within or below budget.
• Monitor usage to determine and adjust par levels
• Manage supply inventory levels to maintain appropriate par levels
• Daily restocking of “special order” supplies in Pyxis
• Monitor expiration dates and rotate inventory to prevent disposal of expired inventory
• Perform cycle counts or other inventories
• Adhere to and reinforce compliance to the OR Supply Pyxis Policy
• Monitor Pyxis access
• Acts as liaison for OR staff to resolve supply issues
• Assists with delivering additional supplies to OR rooms after case has started and when available per Vocera
• Facilitate issuing supplies to other departments and complete paperwork to transfer the expense to the appropriate cost center
• Facilitate issuing supplies to other hospitals and complete paperwork to create invoice
• Maintain professional image when assisting customers in person or by phone
• Add all new supplies to Pyxis
• Collaborate effectively with all service team leaders to rearrange supplies when needed
• Respond to Vocera calls in a timely manner
• Other duties as assigned
Education: High School diploma or GED required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
License & Certification: None
Experience: Minimum of (2) years Supply Chain related experience required. OR Supply Chain experience preferred. Team Management and/or Project Management preferred. Must keep abreast of current trends/changes related to technology within healthcare.