Answering incoming calls, scheduling appointments as well as updating patient demographics, maintain bump list, schedule for each division, page MD’s with hospital consults, obtain medical records when possible, miscellaneous duties such as: assist with scheduling sleep study patients, file batches, distribute correspondence with co-workers.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting warmly and answering or referring inquiries.
- Utilizes Centricity Business Practice Management System, registers patients according to standard procedures
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records
- Responds to our customer’s needs in a way that demonstrates the care, courtesy and respect they deserve. Provides our customers with prompt service.
- Listens attentively to our customers in order to fully understand their needs.
- Our messages to customers and team members should be delivered with courtesy, clarity and care. We communicate pertinent clinical/work status information to employer and other team members as assigned.
- Interacts effectively and in a supportive manner with persons of all backgrounds
- Respects and maintains privacy and dignity of patients; assures patient confidentiality at all times.
- Provides efficient and professional telephone services
- Schedules appointments for patients
- Scans and files administrative and medical information in patient’s medical record
- Makes appointment reminder calls to patients with upcoming appointments
- Maintains forms and office supplies required for call center activities
- Participates in staff and educational meetings.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort to assure excellent patient care and service
- Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with Centricity Business and Allscripts EHR is preferred although not required.
- 1 year medical office experience preferred
- 1 year collection of co-pay and remaining balances experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- The right candidates for this position must be dependable, professional and a team player.
- Seeking energetic, motivated candidates.
Working conditions are normal for a health care environment.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please follow the URL link to submit your resume:
- Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
- University of Louisville Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer.