The Clinical Support Pharmacy Technician assists with all phases of pharmacy services and performs a variety of clinical functions and dispensing tasks in support of the daily workflow of the ULH Specialty Pharmacy. This position supports the Specialty Pharmacy team with implementation and administration of clinical programs, including the management of specialty pharmacy products and program reporting. The Clinical Support Pharmacy Technician will also function as a member of the ACB Outpatient Retail Pharmacy team as the Specialty Pharmacy liaison.
• Knowledge of the standards, techniques and tools relating to pharmaceutical patient care
• Ensure that prescription order management is organized, prioritized and systematic for insurance investigation, order processing, as well as in the coordination of shipping to the customer
• Ensure that all prescription orders are processed in a timely manner according to the need by/start date indicated on the order form.
• Works as a liaison with the ACB Outpatient Retail Pharmacy team to facilitate prescription order processing of specialty pharmacy medications
• Ensure that all customer service related issues are handled promptly, effectively and in a satisfactory manner
• Knowledge of mathematical functions, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, basic algebra and calculations
• Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn of the sources and availability of medications, bio-technology products, pharmaceutical supplies and equipment and related items specific to specialty pharmacy
• Ensure that no prescriptions are left behind or left unfinished at the end of each day by personally reviewing all pending orders yet to ship.
• Able to problem-solve with decisiveness and urgency through completion and asking for assistance when needed
• Collaborate with the medication access coordinators and sales partners in the field letting them know of any patient or practice issues/concerns as well as new prescription from new prescribers.
• Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multitask and complete assignments in a timely manner
• Willingness to learn and become a specialty pharmacy subject matter expert
Education & Training: High School diploma or GED required.
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years pharmacy experience required. Specialty Pharmacy experience, preferred. Minimum of two (2) years of customer service experience, required. Team Lead or Reporting responsibilites in current position required.
License and Certification: Registered as a pharmacy technician with the State Board of Pharmacy Examiners required. PTCB certification required.
Internal Applicants: Strong positive references.