Directly reports to an operational area or the Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO).
Will support a Project Manager on complex or high-risk projects or work independently, supporting a department leader to organize project activities in compliance with EPMO’s processes and policies for status reporting, quality assurance, and project and program governance.
Organizes project activities such as monitoring schedules, staffing, and budgets and coordinating events such as periodic steering committee meetings, EPMO phase gate reviews, testing activities and go-live events.
• Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
• Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
• Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
• Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
• Ensuring project deadlines are met.
• Determining project changes.
• Providing administrative support as needed.
• Undertaking project tasks, as required.
• Developing project strategies.
• Ensure all documentation is maintained appropriately.
• Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions, where applicable
Education & Training: Bachelor's degree in Business or related field of study preferred but will accept experience in a clinical setting delivering verifiable, exceptional results for 5 years.
Experience: Two years of experience in a healthcare setting supporting revenue cycle, clinical, or an ancillary area required. Professionally appropriate verbal and written presentation skills.
Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team. Experience using computers for a variety of tasks. Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to work on tight deadlines.
License & Certification: None