The Accounts Receivable (AR) Analyst plays a crucial role in supporting management and staff in the UofL Physicians CBO primarily through research, education, and analysis of claim trends to drive the success of the operational teams. Duties may include research and trend analysis of claim denials by payor or specialty, creation of education materials for team members or practices, analysis of claim denial impact and recommendation of corrective action, and leading or assisting on special projects within the CBO.
• Ability to monitor work queues and determine denial trends.
• Ability to run reports for analysis, trending, subdivision of work, or distribution.
• Communicate claim trends as a result of denials or a decrease in payments to management as needed.
• Ability to demonstrate system knowledge relative to work queues, research, and resolution of assigned unpostables and payment batches.
• Follow up with the correct clinical contact for additional information or corrections, as necessary.
• Meet productivity and quality standards as set by management.
• Inform management and relevant organizational stakeholders of correspondence and communication problems with service locations.
• Educate and effectively communicate coding denials or payor/reimbursement policies to patients, payors, coworkers, managers, and others as necessary.
• Must have the ability to get along with others in a close office setting.
• Must have the ability to concentrate for extended periods of time.
• Must be willing to function and cooperate as a member of a team.
• Assist junior coworkers, and work within a team environment to accomplish the goals of the CBO.
• Update charges and refile electronic or paper claims.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Associate degree preferred
• Eight years related experience and/or training
• CPC or AHIMA certification preferred with requirement to attain certification 6 months post-hire date
• Strong computer and keyboarding skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office software
• Experience with GE Centricity billing software preferred
• Working knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10 coding
• Ability to read, interpret, and/or follow up on an EOB denial and understand medical terminology
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to discretely analyze data and present findings or recommendations to management to take corrective action
• Advanced knowledge of healthcare payors and government agencies
• Knowledge of healthcare terminology, laws, and regulations
• Advanced knowledge of denial types and resolution steps
• Ability to take direction and work independently
• Knowledge of healthcare specialty billing, reimbursement, and coding requirements
• Ability to stay informed of changing payor billing, reimbursement and coding requirements or coding rules
• Knowledge and experience working with Office applications
• Proficient with data entry and multitasking in a Windows environment
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills
• Ability to meet productivity and quality standards
• Ability to communicate verbally/in writing with professionalism
• Ability to stay informed of coding recertification needs and keep certification in good standing
• Sedentary Work: Lifting 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying items as needed
• Frequent Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
• Frequent Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds by the ear
• Frequent Seeing: Visual acuity, depth perception, field of vision, color vision
• Consistent use of hand movement for keyboarding purposes
HOW TO APPLY
• Candidates upon hire will complete an electronic I-9 verification.
• Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
• University of Louisville Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Current UofL Physicians employees must follow the UofL Physicians Internal Transfer Policy.