MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), required.
- Medical Assisting certification from a nationally recognized organization. (Such as: CMA, CCMA, or RMA), required.
- Medical Assisting Degree, preferred.
- Minimum one year of working in a medical facility as a medical assistant and or documented evidence of externship completed in a medical office, preferred.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG), vital signs, venipuncture, capillary, and injection experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of health care field and medical office protocols/procedures.
- Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patients and families.
- Skill in performing medical assistance task appropriately.
- Skill intact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions.
- Skill in understanding patient education needs by effectively sharing information with patients and families.
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care procedures.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and complete delegated tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring dealing with others.
Working conditions are normal for a health care environment.