Staff member will provide clerical support in an efficient manner, in an effort to provide quality care to patients at check in. Staff member will facilitate an exceptional patient care experience by ensuring and assisting patient flow within the office, attending to the needs of patients, their families and medical staff.
- Responsible for validating and updating demographics and insurance.
- Responsible for determining and collecting if patient has a co-pay or other responsibility (full fee).
- Responsible for providing patients with forms to be completed and collection of these forms.
- Responsible for reviewing patient visit to determine if any registration edits still exist.
- Responsible for arriving the patient and printing the encounter form.
- Back up for front desk – check out.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED
- 6 months related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Proficiency with Office suites, including Word, Excel.
- Prior experience with electronic practice management systems.
- Proficiency with electronic mail and office machines.
- A good portion of each day may be spent sitting, talking on the telephone and using the computer to schedule appointments, verify information, and monitor edits. There is also the need to be able to get up and down out of a chair without difficulty, as one in this position moves about the front office frequently.
- Candidates upon hire will complete an electronic I-9 verification.
- Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
- University of Louisville Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Current UofL Physicians employees must follow the UofL Physicians Internal Transfer Policy.