Responsible for overseeing the duties of staff at the front office and call center. The duties will include: check- in and check-out, call center, scanning and filing in electronic medical records, appointment scheduling, referral process to specialists, release of medical records, and HIPAA. Ensure responsibilities are carried out with accuracy and timeliness.
- Supervision of front office staff that is responsible for check in and check out of patients, scheduling of patient appointments, specialty referrals, hospital tests and orders.
- Supervise call center staff that will be handling calls requesting appointments with many physicians. Assure staff is trained to answer appropriately, and following all scheduling protocol.
- Approve time off requests prior to staff submitting to Medical Office Manager on ADP time keeping.
- Will enter physician schedules into Centricity and create templates.
- Manage rotation schedules for check in, check out and call center staff.
- Hold meetings monthly or as needed with staff.
- Adheres to HIPAA guidelines and ensures the same from the front office and call center staff. Reads, acknowledges and follows updates to policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate or GED
- Four years or more experience in a medical front office.
- Additional experience may be substituted for advanced educational requirement.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with electronic health records such as AllScripts and GE Centricity is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Initiative, communicator, problem solver
- Proactive - anticipates and plans for problems before they arise
- Service Excellence – responsive, informs constituents of process, pleasant to work with, educates and provides timely, accurate information
- Organized – manages time effectively, keeps tasks appropriately prioritized
- Flexible – ability to change directions as needed for the good of the department or organization
- Critical Thinking – ability to think through issues and identify appropriate options
- Work Ethics – motivated, diligent, industrious and persistent in the workplace, stays on tasks to completion, works at a fast pace to ensure optimal efficiency
- Interpersonal – can build effective, strong working relationships with employees, colleagues, management and vendors through trust, communication, and credibility
- Team – ability to work with others, serve others, help others, lead others, mentor others, take directions from others in the interest of moving process and programs forward to the desired outcome.
- Emotional Intelligence – ability to not take issues personal, see the big picture in emotionally charged situations and respond in a mature, professional, composed manner
- Self-Awareness – ability to reflect, understand limitations, and seek appropriate assistance and guidance
- Judgment – exercises discretion and due diligence when making decisions and recommendations
- Quality – is able to perform work in a neat, efficient, well-coordinated, well communicated manner with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism
- Presentation – can speak in front of people to deliver necessary material or messaging
- Ability to influence professionals of senior management level.
- Solid sense of confidentiality and discretion.
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Knowledgeable in HIPPA Compliance and Privacy Rules
Ability to be stand, sit, or walk for long periods of the day.