Provide patient care to psychiatric patients in the setting of Emergency Psychiatry/Hospital. The Physician Assistant should demonstrate an advanced level of medical knowledge, clinical and technical competency, sound clinical judgment, professionalism as it relates to interpersonal and general communication skills, timely and compliant documentation, and takes responsibility for ongoing professional development and competency validation.
* Provide comprehensive psychiatric/medical care in a hospital setting in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary healthcare team.
* Work collaboratively with psychiatry attendings and residents.
* Coordinate education needs of patients and families.
* Serve as a resource for nursing staff and other members of the health care team.
* Actively participate in conferences and presentations as well as other staff education including, but not limited to, quality improvement initiatives as directed.
* Participate in research activities in areas related to clinical specialty.
* Participate in clinical data extraction.
* Maintain currency with all required compliance training programs.
* Maintain commitment to professional growth and competency as a certified PA.
* Maintain currency with all hospital privileges, licensures, and certifications.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES