The Cerner Foreign System Interface (FSI) Interoperability Architect is responsible for the data sharing architecture of the ULH Cerner Millennium suite.
• Evaluates the functioning of application interface needs and makes recommendations for change.
o Recommendations would include but are not limited to:
Decisions around what Cerner code changes to install in our Cerner Domain
Operational enhancements driven by patient/user/business needs
• Provides prompt, accurate, and respectful support to users, employing high degree of customer-service skill and technical expertise while ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Assists in the development and implementation of Cerner Interoperability policies, procedures, and standards.
• Maintains an understanding of UMC’s Millennium environment
• Performs analysis of applications specs and business requirements to design efficient reliable interfaces between Cerner, the ULH Interface Engine and other applications
• Responsible for ensuring consistency in high-level design flow down into detailed design, code and unit/module/integration testing
• Plays interictal role in interoperability needs to ensure compliance with Meaningful Use Requirements
• Maintains knowledge of Interoperability Use Cases and can act as Interoperability SME on application implementation projects, enhancement testing and ITS Change Control reviews
• Act as technical contact for implementation of any internal and external interface between Cerner and other systems and or regulatory agencies
• Contribute to technology and clinical roadmaps by providing innovative solutions for requirements in the area of expertise and demonstrate them through the implementation of prototypes.
• Ensures deadlines are met and provides an update on a regular basis or as requested to keep management apprised of department performance (i.e. challenges and successes)
• Supports for recruiting and retaining a high performing staff.
Education & Training: Bachelor's degree in technology or healthcare field of study or ability to demonstrate experience in place of education
Experience: At least two (2) years of Application Architect experience. Excellent, analytical and problem solving skills; must possess strong skills in project management, collegial, problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Expertise in domain competence, such as, HL7, FHIR and CCD. Expertise in Cerner Control Language (CCL). Experience with one or more scripting languages including but not limited to JAVA, PERL, TCL/TK, PHP, Python, UNIX Shell Scripting. Knowledge of communications protocols such as HL7 Minimum Layer Protocol, FTP, SFTP, SOAP.
License & Certification: None