Clinical Support Architect serves as an integral member of the IT Cerner Support team for UMC. Key responsibilities include direct involvement with the development, implementation, training and support of the electronic health record. This position requires a detailed knowledge of the electronic health record and the ability to analyze processes/systems as they impact the organizations’ strategic initiatives and patient experience.
• Leads the development of policies and procedures and provides guidance on EMR best practices to various Process Improvement committees in UMC for the optimal usage of Clinical Information Systems.
• Provides expert guidance to EHR teams on system optimization, change management, standardized processes and workflows for a successful post implementation operation.
• Applies knowledge of Computer Science, Information Science, Clinical Specialty, and Informatics theory to Clinical practice, Education, Administration or Research in collaboration with other Analysts and Informaticists.
• Serves as an expert resource and SME for all areas of the medical center with regard to EHR features and functions.
• Ensures compliance with regulatory standards as they apply to departmental systems.
• Provides mentoring and training to the junior members of the team in system analysis & design, specification development and documentation, and end user training with ULH prescribed methodologies.
• Remains abreast of trends and developments in HIT, advancements in care delivery, reimbursement models and uses this knowledge to develop EHR roadmap and to align the roadmap with UMC strategic plan.
• Assists in the development and maintenance of long-term strategic applications planning for the EHR for the area of responsibility to achieve strategic outcomes for the implementation.
• Adheres to all Security Standards as set forth by the organization and National guidelines.
• Additional tasks/responsibilities as defined.
Education & Training: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Science, Computer Science, Informatics or Clinical related field required. Master’s Degree highly preferred
Experience: 10+ years of prior Cerner Clinical applications experience or other EHR implementation and/or support experience preferred. Extensive understanding of clinical operations and workflows within a healthcare system is desired.
Experience with healthcare IT applications and knowledge of healthcare environment and system configuration preferred.
License & Certification: None