The Patient-Care Coordinator position will function in a fast paced medical office setting and will serve a variety of administrative functions in order to provide patient-centered care to physical medicine & rehabilitation patients as well as neurosurgical patients. Primary duties will include; In-Patient Communication, insurance verifications, scheduling, and general customer service tasks.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate professionalism and excellent communication skills to foster and contribute to a collegial environment, with the primary focus of providing outstanding care to our patients and their families.
- Utilizes Centricity Business Practice Management System, registers patients according to standard procedures
- Utilizes EHR to retrieve vital patient information to facilitate continuity of care
- Responds to our customers’ needs in a way that demonstrates the care, courtesy and respect they deserve
- Listens attentively to our customers in order to fully understand their needs
- Communicates pertinent clinical/work status information to employer and other team members as assigned
- Interacts effectively and in a supportive manner with persons of all backgrounds
- Respects and maintains privacy and dignity of patients; assures patient confidentiality at all times
- Communicates clearly and effectively with nurses, administrators, and physicians
- Provides efficient and professional telephone services
- Schedules appointments for patients
- Scans and files administrative and medical information in patient’s medical record
- Makes appointment reminder calls to patients with upcoming appointments
- Participates in staff and educational meetings
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Demonstrates positive attitude and overall pleasant demeanor
- Other duties as assigned
- Serves as a single point of contact for physical medicine & rehabilitation patients and their families
- Provides administrative support for Neurosurgical and Physical Medicine teams
- Serves as a liaison between doctors, nurses, guardians, insurance, and other members of the patient’s healthcare team
- Contributes to team effort to assure excellent patient care and service
- Process FMLA, Disability, Durable Medical Equipment and other applicable claim forms
- Coordinate with patient’s Frazier Discharge team to obtain orders submitted by our physicians for other specialty care
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 - 2 years medical office experience
- 1 year collection of co-pay and remaining balances experience
- Experience with Centricity Business and Allscripts HER, preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of general insurance requirements
- Medical terminology
- General computer knowledge, MS Office Programs, and working with electronic filing
- Ability to communicate verbally/in writing with professionalism
Working conditions are normal for a health care environment.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please follow the URL link to submit your resume:
- Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
- University of Louisville Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer.