The Business Intelligence Developer supports the design, development and implementation of business intelligence tools and solutions. Collaborates with operational and other data consumers across ULH to identify their complex business problems and provides actionable insights with the overarching goal of improving operational efficiencies.
• Designs, develops and maintains BI and reporting solutions that transform data into insights through interactive reports, dashboards and self-service reporting capabilities.
• Develops and maintains policies, processes, standards and best practices in BI solutions development and delivery.
• Supports the implementation, enhancement and on-going support of enterprise data platform.
• Supports the data through its life cycle utilizing data governance principles that ensure data quality, integrity, stewardship, security, literacy and adoption.
• Conducts research and makes recommendations on products, tools, services, protocols and standards that will support ULH’s data management strategy.
• Works in concert with Data Architects and business teams to understand business requirements and translating those requirements into developing value-add BI solutions.
• Designs and maintains a curriculum for coaching and training current and prospective end users to better understand how these tools can enhance business decision making capabilities.
• Provides Level 1, 2 and 3 support for day-to-day production issues maintaining documentation in the appropriate tracking systems while adhering to prescribed escalation & change control procedures. Includes on call rotation.
• Adheres to all Security Standards as set forth by the organization and National guidelines.
• Additional tasks/responsibilities as defined.
Education & Training: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Science or Computer Science required. Master’s Degree highly preferred
Experience: 5+ years of experience in the development of reporting/analytics solutions using Tableau required. Strong knowledge of data warehouse design concepts and relational databases is required. Expert knowledge of data governance practices and data life cycle management highly desired. Experience in Agile development methodology for analytics projects required. Experience and ability in working directly with vendors, customers and other IT teams.
License & Certification: None