The histotechnologist shall have extensive knowledge in processing, mounting, cutting and staining of tissue sections. The histotechnologist shall have the ability to organize work so that procedures are completed within established turn-around times. Must show good judgement with attention to details as well as respect for patient confidentiality. The employee will assist with training of histotechnicians, residents and others. The histotechnologist must work professionally and courteously with physicians, patients, guests and other employees. The employee shall actively support the policies of the laboratory and hospital.
1. Performs processing, mounting, cutting, staining and cover slipping of tissue samples.
2. Performs quality control of area.
3. Performs clerical duties including entering data into computers and answering phones.
4. Monitors quality assurance.
5. Works with others in a professional and courteous manner.
6. Assists with frozen section processing and staining.
7. Assists with training of histotechnicians, residents and others.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Training: Bachelor or Associate degree in Life Sciences required.
Experience: Previous experience working in an anatomic pathology laboratory preferred.
License & Certification: HTL or HT certification required.